A note about this list:
This list is intended to be an ongoing resource for musician health and wellness. I am not affiliated with any of the listed resources, nor endorsed by any of them. These are sources I have compiled via recommendations, and/or also found helpful myself.
After a harrowing two-year back/spine injury, a year of tendonitis prior to that (overuse injury), and various periods of burnout, I have become passionate about the topic of health and wellness over the years and feel it should be a core pillar in music education, and in the music community. I would love to see musicians seeking out resources long before an injury or burnout occur. Topics that might be covered [for musicians] include, but are not limited to, physical health, mental health, injury prevention and recovery, and burnout.
I have been amazed, and thrilled, at the extensive resources already available by so many incredible individuals in our community. I hope this list may be helpful in your music journey. Please contact me if you offer a service, or know someone who does, as I plan on keeping this list up-to-date and growing as much as possible.
Physical Therapy & Coaching
- Music Strong | Strength Training for Musicians | musicstrong.com
- The Functional Musician | Live & Perform Without Pain thefunctionalmusician.com
- Musicians Maintenance | Address Pain. Prevent Injury. Perform Better. | musiciansmaintenance.com
- The Productive Musician | Sarah Whitney | Life Coaching & Health and Injury Coaching | sarahwhitney.com
- Breana Glicher | Music Therapy | breanagilcher.com
- Your Active Potential | youractivepotential.com
- The Bulletproof Musician | bulletproofmusician.com
Yoga & Meditation
- Yoga for All Musicians | a virtual yoga studio for musicians by musicians. | yogaforallmusicians.com
- Playing Without Pain | Francesca Leo | playingwithoutpain.com
- Sarah Robinson | flutist, author, speaker | sarahtheflutist.com
- Kayleigh Miller | The Musicians Collective | musicianshealthcollective.com